Friday, February 2nd, 2018
8pm - 4am
Kalvarijų g. 85, Vilnius, Lithuania
€10 - €12
30 Second Swing Dance Showcase (30SSDS) is annual event organized by What a Jazz Dance Studio. The 3rd edition of 30SSDS is going to happen on the February 2nd, 2018 at Legendos club. Doors open at 8pm for social dancing, entertainment starts around 9pm. Live music by The Schwings Band ft. migloko.
30 Second Swing Dance Showcase is the best opportunity to challenge yourself with a short but powerful swing dance performance to boost your creativity and entertain the audience! Explore what kind of magic happens within the limits.
Three divisions for the performances:
A showcase of 1 person
A showcase of 2 people couple dancing
A showcase of 2-6+ people
1. Pick a song of around 30 seconds;
2. Showcase a swing dance: Vernacular Jazz, Lindy Hop, Balboa, Collegiate Shag, St. Louis Shag, Tap or all that jazz;
3. Decide a division for your performance. There might be OPEN/ADVANCED levels if there are enough of performances;
4. Aerials, lifts, dips & tricks, acrobatics or any flash moves are very welcomed by the judges and the audience;
5. Participant fee has to be paid within one week of registration and it is not refunded in case of changed plans;
You can find the registration OVER HERE
There will be three different prizes for each division and five official judges using Relative Placement scoring:
1. THE SHOWCASE
Audience will have a chance to choose their favorites for each division
2. THE ARTIST
Judges choice for the best creativity, expression and aesthetics
3. THE MASTER
Judges choice for the best dancing technique and musicality.
€10 if registered by January 15th *
€10 if registered by February 1st
All registered participants can use studio space for rehearsals.
*Participants can claim up to 30 minutes of consultation from teachers of What a Jazz studio.